Monday, July 27, 2009

Edible colored macaroni - Rainy day play!


Today Jonas & I had a blast creating edible colored macaroni. I made macaroni necklaces when I was young, and thought it might be a fun rainy day activity for us today. I came across this edible method online, here, and decided to give it a go.

It's SOOOOO Easy.
1. Get some small plastic baggies
2. Macaroni or other small noodles
3. Food coloring
4. White Vinegar

First, get your kiddo helper situated & give them a teaspoon and a small bowl of white vinegar. Fill the bag with desired amount of pasta, add 1 Teaspoon of white vinegar, add 5-6 drops of food coloring, then seal the bag. Shake shake shake it up, until pasta is well-coated with color & evenly distributed. Then, (carefully) pour out the pasta to dry. ( I used a cookie sheet, covered with foil & papertowels. )

We had a great time, although now my hands are a lovely shade of green. Note for the future....wear gloves. (lol)


What a great helper I have! Can't wait to display our necklaces. But our art has to dry first!

No comments: