Friday, October 14, 2011

Fascinating!

My beautiful sister-in-law is getting married soon, and has allowed me to play a part in the wedding by making some pretty accessories for her big day.

My first piece to tackle was a bridal fascinator. I used some handmade flowers, a vintage brooch and vintage earrings, as well as a hand-made lace-lined fascinator base, french veiling, freshwater pearls & ivory peacock feathers. I also made a detachable veil.  I think it will look beautiful on her and can't wait to see it on her in person!



 I also made a tulle birdcage veil fascinator. This veil is attached. It will be available in my etsy shop soon!

This is her ring bearer's pillow. This will be a big job for my little guy! I made this pillow out of spanish moss. It's about the size of an envelope. I think it's a little different and perfect for her special day.




 Last, but not least, my Nana helped me make this beautiful handcut lace garter. It's made from navy and ivory lace and a hand made satin flower. I'm getting more excited as the wedding approaches.

I know the best pictures will be those fromt he actual wedding. I can't wait! Have a great day!
-Mandy

No comments: